That quintessential scent of Christmas joy you’re getting a sniff of at the moment? It’s not just pine-scented trees, mulled wine, fir and cinnamon imbuing the air with aromas that conjure up the festivities. It’s a fragrance note that embraces the festive ambience: nutmeg.
A subtle spice with woody undertones, nutmeg has that unique mixing power resulting with interesting combinations when blended with other scents: nutmeg and spices for raising the Christmas spirits, nutmeg accompanied by green notes for deep woodsy alternatives and fruits and citruses for comforting warm fall fragrances.
And this is why for many festive perfumes, nutmeg is an inevitable part at the heart of the composition. So, if you want to take your season’s cheer to the next level, take a look at this nutmeg spotlight fragrance edit:
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Rima XI by Carner Barcelona
- 0.2 Bracken Man by Amouage
- 0.3 Signature for Him by English Laundry
- 0.4 Grey Vetiver EDP by Tom Ford
- 1 SMELL AMAZING WITH SCENTBIRD
- 126.96.36.199.1 You’re already sexy, confident, and relaxed. Now it’s time to up your scent game. Scentbird is a personalized fragrance subscription service where each month you select a new designer or niche fragrance that we deliver to your door for $14.95. To join Scentbird or learn more about our community of fragrance-lovers, click here:https://www.scentbird.com
- 188.8.131.52 SCENTBIRD: DATE PERFUMES BEFORE MARRYING THEM!
Inspired by the poetry of G.A. Bécquer and his breathtaking Rima XI poem, Carner Barcelona created a fragrance with an ethereal appeal and a cosmopolitan vibe. Timidly spicy shyness brought forth by Guatemalan cardamom, Madagascan black pepper, Moroccan nana mint grows into an openly spicy heart, where the partnership of Indonesian nutmeg and Indian Jasmine Sambac is tempered by bursts of amber and Australian sandalwood.
A heavy nutmeg aroma might be great in the kitchen, but when it comes to fragrances, light and creamy nutmeg scent is the way to go.Grounded with richness and warmth, Bracken Man is an homage to this spice known for its aphrodisiac propensities. And in this particular fragrance, the note is perfectly paired with clove and cinnamon to add a dark and warm spicy accord, lifting the aromatic nuances, keeping the whole blend extra masculine yet evocative.
Top notes of lemon, crisp lavender, and bright cedar are pitch-perfect men’s elegance, and lead into a smart, muscular heart of spicy, waxed coriander and warm nutmeg. Subtle touches of sweet amber, tangy musk, sandalwood, and smoky vetiver anchor the foundation of this greatest hits package of balanced, masculine notes.
From the moment he rose to stardom, Tom Ford has been named “the designer of all things sexy”. Including all of the fragrances under his label. A voluptuous base of vetiver and woods wraps around notes of nutmeg and orange blossom, making this beautifully sensuous blend mysterious, opulent, and so very masculine.