Anyone who knows me, knows that I’m a major skincare junkie through and through (if you could only see my vanity… you’d believe it). However, when I was asked what my morning beauty routine was, I really had to sit down and think about it.
What I put on my skin “daily” depends on what my skin tells me it needs. Sometimes it’s dry, sometimes, it’s oily, and sometimes it’s just plain ugly. It’s really important to provide your skin with the nourishment and attention it needs. So, if that means you have to break out your magnifying mirror from time to time (eek!) – do it.
Once I’ve evaluated my skin, I never harp on the imperfections but instead focus on improving it. OK, so this is how my morning typically goes:
- Facial Cleanser – I more or less exclusively use MD Complete Clarifying Cleanser. The texture is creamy and it’s formulated with natural botanicals and Salicylic Acid which not only exfoliates my skin but also helps repair it and treat it. If my skin is extra dry, i use an exfoliating brush to slough away dead skin cells.
- Body Cleanser – In the shower, I like using a gentle body wash that smells great so I opt for our Scentbird Earl Grey & Blackberry Foaming Shower Cream. It’s super sudsy and moisturizing which I love.
- Apres Shower – Once I’m out of the shower (OK, so not great for your skin, but I enjoy a piping hot shower and steaming up the bathroom, which my husband hates), I see if my pores need some attention and may or may not slap on a Biore Strip.
- Squeaky Clean – Next I use a toner quickly to make sure my face is extra clean. Sometimes it’s a real toner, and sometimes it’s micellar water. To be honest, i don’t think my skin can tell the difference.
- Moisturize – The last steps in my skincare routine includes a vitamin C serum by ISDIN followed by MD Complete Radiance & Remedy Face Cream.
Ultimately, I try to keep my skincare routine as concise and simple as possible. If I add in too many steps, my skin tends to freak out and lash out against me with blotchiness and breakouts.
Naomi Shaw, Director of PR