For the last two to three years (otherwise known as my early thirties), I have been focused on skincare. Better late than never, right? These days, I devote more time to cleansing, rehydrating and prepping my skin than I spend applying makeup.
At home, I like my bedroom en suite to look, feel and smell like spa as much as possible. I live in Brooklyn, so the city’s always beckoning just outside my window. I keep a Scentbird candle lit on my vanity (I prefer Vanilla and Heliotrope) and tend to use a lot of our shower products because they smell pretty incredible (and leave my skin feeling fresh, too).
- Face Soap – I have normal-to-dry skin and like to use products that support my natural oils (not strip them away). I use a charcoal soap bar to remove impurities.
- Body Cleanser – In the shower, I use Scentbird’s Rose & Prosecco Airy Body Polish. The scrubby particles are delicate enough that they do not irritate my skin, while the creamy wash is a lovely, buttery consistency. When the soapiness mixes with the shower vapors, the scent diffuses through the whole bathroom. I use this wash every few days for a light exfoliation.
- Apres Shower – I live for The Ordinary. I love the science behind the products, though I know it can all be a bit daunting at first (scour Facebook and Reddit for reviewers who seem to have a similar skin type). In terms of serums, I alternate between Buffet or Hyaluronic Acid and then apply Rosehip Oil, using my fingertips.
- Moisturize – If my skin feels dry, I apply The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA or Embryolisse Concentrated Lait Cream. If it’s a weekday, I always finish my routine with BeautyCounter Dew Skin, which has SPF and helps to even out my complexion.
- Lip balm – My absolute favorite product we’ve developed here at Scentbird is Melting Lip Balm. The scents are delicious, the cooling metal applicator is a dream and the balm is useful as a daily lip product or as a topcoat of gloss over lipstick. I prefer the Green Tea Melting Lip Balm.
What’s your morning routine? Check out more behind the scenes details on Instagram @Scentbird.